Full scholarship covers:
- Registration fee
- Roundtrip travel expenses (plane/train tickets) from place of residence to Conference
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the Conference
- Roundtrip transfer from the airport to the hotel (shuttle)
- Roundtrip transfer from the hotel to the site of the Conference (group)
Total number of scholarships: 700
Only delegates from Eastern Europe and Central Asia may apply. The scholarship is intended for:
- Applicants who have limited or no ability to pay for Conference-related expenses on their own
- Applicants who made a special contribution to the Conference program on their own behalf or on the behalf of the group they are representing
Candidates for scholarship:
- Members of the Organizing and Program Committees and their alternates (if they have applied for a scholarship)
- Speakers and panelists who have applied for a scholarship, sessions’ chairmen, moderators, seminar coaches (1 scholarship per seminar)
- Healthcare workers (including related areas such as narcology, phthisiology)
- Employees of public non-profit organizations and foundations, social workers, psychologists, outreach and peer educators, representatives of vulnerable groups
- Scientists, young scientists
*Countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia region:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Quotas by category:
- Organizing Committee members and invited speakers: 140
- “Science and Medicine” scholars: 170
- “Civil Society” scholars: 170
- “Effective Prevention” scholars: 70
- “International Development Assistance” and special session participants: 70
- Members of official delegations from the countries in the region: 70
- Regional journalists: 10
Not eligible for scholarships:
- Employees of commercial organizations
- Employees of non-profit organizations-donors
- Employees of international and intergovernmental organizations, international development agencies, UN agencies
- Citizens of countries outside the region of Eastern Europe and Central Asia (except for the members of the organizing and program committees, rapporteurs and panellists, sessions’ chairmen, moderators and seminar coaches)
No more than three (3) members of one organization located in the same city may receive scholarships.
The Scholarship Committee consists of members of the Organizing and Program Committees who voluntarily chose to engage into scholarship selection process. The list of the Committee members will be approved by the Conference Co-Chairs.
Scholarship selection criteria:
|1||1.1.||Belonging to vulnerable groups||1||0|
|1.3.||Providing services to vulnerable groups, PLHIV||1||0|
|1.4.||Participation in research and development projects on HIV response||1||0|
Why do you want to participate?
What is your professional experience?
What do you see as main challenges in HIV/AIDS response?
Can you suggest ways to solve current problems?
|Max 5||Min 0|
|3||Potential benefits of the Conference for the applicant:
How will you use the received knowledge in your work?
|Max 5||Min 0|
The process of scholarship application and approval:
- A scholarship applicant completes the application on the Conference’s website.
- The Secretariat eliminates non-eligible applications, including:
• Incomplete applications;
• Applications from ineligible applicants;
• Excessive applications filed by the same organization.
- The Secretariat sends all eligible applications to the Scholarship committee.
- The Scholarship Committee reviews the applications and creates a list of scholarship recipients and alternates.
- The Co-Chairs of the Conference approve the list of scholarhip recipients.
- The Secretariat organizes the participation of scholarship recipients in Conference events.
Scholarship program deadlines:
|18.09.2017 – 8.12.2017||Applications for scholarships accepted|
|8.12.2017 – 22.12.2017||Scholarship Committee creates the list of scholarship recipients|
|29.12.2017||Co-Chairs approve the lists of scholarship recipients and Conference program speakers|
|10.01.2018 – 06.04.2018||Implementation of the Scholarship program|